Sarang Haeyo

Dicentra Spectabilis

Saturday, March 25, 2006

The stupidest thing a person can do is to make the same mistakes over and over again. But people are that stupid, they know it, want it, cant help it. Its like looking into a bottomless pit and wondering at its mysterious depth and you decide to jump down to ease your curiosity. You end up falling through air and hitting the ground hard. You managed to crawl your way up again after some difficulty and decide never to explore that stupid pit again. But after a while, you find yourself staring down at the same pit with the mysterious depth and you yearn to jump down it again and see if there's anything new. And so you jump and end up falling the same way down and crawling your way up again. And it happens again and again. Like those silly little lemmings you see in your computer game. Or like the moth that draws too often, and too near the fire.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Im not sure about other people, but yes, that happens to me quite often. But, the difference is that everytime I start to climb back up from the pit, I dun really feel stupid or wasted or anything. That is because everytime I fall into the pit, I learned how to prevent myself from falling into the pit in the same manner again. Yes, I may have to fall 101 times more but I guarantee that there is 101 chances less that I will fall into the same pit in the same manner. Look, u mentioned yourself that you yearn to jump down it again and see if theres something new. Thats perfectly fine, my dear. Jus be sure that when you are down there you thoroughly satisfied your curiousity, and more importantly, recognise the way to get back up. No harm jumping down a few million times then..

    -Total anonymous

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for that advice. It totally cheered me up. Hmm are you one of my friends?
    -webs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home