Sarang Haeyo

Dicentra Spectabilis

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I miss swimming. I really do, at odd times like this I just wished I had continued swimming rather than stopped completely. If I can remember correctly, I learnt it when I was primary 2 or 3. It took me til around P5 before I perfected my freestyle. Between breaststroke and freestyle or even butterfly and backstroke, my favourite is freestyle. I always like the adrenaline and the feeling of being more superior than the water. Only when Im too tired then I'll convert to breaststroke. I just hated it when dad pushed us every training session, forcing us to swim even when I feel so damn tired, and blame it also on my laziness. So after swimming for a few years, I stopped swimming when I was in sec 1 or 2. For the past 5 to 6 years, I havent been swimming religiously, rarely in fact. That when I do go swim now I realised that I cant perform the way I did before. Hell! I cant even swim 1 lap of freestyle without feeling tired or feeling like im gonna asphyxiate anytime. So I have no choice but to swim breaststroke, and even that is tiring after a few laps. You know the feeling, of being able to do something so fluently and feeling like its the most natural thing on earth, to being relegated to struggling to do what you once excel in? Its like losing a part of you, and you just cant find it back. Regret dont even come close. As much as I want to swim again, life seem to plague me with a hundred and one things (ok maybe some are excuses because IM STILL LAZY!) to do. And my already damanged hair is just gonna get more dry and wither away. I know that sounds bimbotic but well its true la ok! sighs...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home